Grow Great Garlic and Onions!
Date: Saturday, October 15th
Duration: 1-1/2 hours ~10AM – 11:30PM
Cost: $15.00 + $5.00 for materials
Temps will be cooling down soon!!! The Fall season brings with it much needed relief from our summer heat allowing us to spend more quality time in our edible gardens and enjoy the changing of the seasons. Fall is also the perfect time to plant Garlic and Onions!
In this fun workshop, I’ll be sharing how I grow my garlic and onions with soil regeneration and Biological Gardening to achieve sweet and delicious garlic with a long storage life. Our desert climate is perfect for growing these wonderful culinary and medicinal wonders!
- Planting Tips for Growing Great Garlic and Onions
- Understanding Garlic Types
- Understanding Onion Types and Planting Dates
- How to Plant Your Garlic and Onions
- Medicinal Benefits of Garlic and Onions
During the workshop you will have an opportunity to taste some of the different varieties of garlic and onions I’ve grown. Also, this class, weather permitting, will be held outdoors in my edible garden. Please bring along a notepad, pen, and a chair to sit in.
Available at the Workshop
- Garlic Bulbs for planting (supplies are limited)
- Rare Garlic Seed Stock for planting (supplies are limited)
- Garlic and Onion starter kits
- Bulbing Onion Pre-Order Sign Up Sheet
- Biologically and organically grown seedlings for Fall (student pricing)
- Planting Plans with Planting List and Quantities
Be prepared to have fun, to learn, become part of a growing biological gardening community, and who knows… you may even win one of the awesome prizes I’ll be giving away, too!
Workshops fill up fast, so reserve your spot today!
Return to the 2016 Workshop Schedule page