The Art of Edible Gardening ~ Workshop 104
Compost Tea and Plant Nutrition
Date: Saturday, October 22nd
Duration: 3 hours ~ 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Pre-Requisite: The Art of Edible Gardening Workshop 101
Cost: $25.00 + $5.00 for materials
This workshop is the fourth in a series of comprehensive workshops with a goal toward building usable knowledge and skill. The Art of Edible Gardening workshops teach the foundational principles of growing a health-centered edible garden with Biological Gardening using a regenerative approach to soil and garden health. All without the use of harmful chemicals, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers. Biological Gardening using a regenerative approach produces…
- Healthy vigorous plants
- Higher yields
- Rich healthy soil loaded with soil micro life
- Food that is high in measurable nutrition
- Plants that are able to reach their optimum growth potential,
- And a garden filled with beneficial predators and pollinators with little to no pest pressures
Sounds like the results you’ve been seeking for your edible garden? Then The Art of Edible Gardening Workshop series is a perfect choice for you. Beginner and experienced edible gardeners are welcome!
My workshops focus on providing you with the tools and support you need to become a successful edible gardener even in our hostile desert climate.
In this class we will take an in-depth look at how to make a superior “high count” biologically active tea and explaining why this is so important and how to supplement our biological/regenerative program during the beginning stages in order to give our growing edibles exactly what they need and when they need it to grow to their optimal potential.
During class we’ll take an in-depth look at…
- Understanding Composting Tea
- Choosing the Right Compost Tea Brewer
- How to Supplement Feed Your Plants
- Top Dressing
- Soil Drenching
- Foliar Feeding
- Plant Nutrition (Seasonal Crops)
- Foliar Recipes
- Compost Tea Making and Supplement Feeding Demos
The Art of Edible Gardening is information packed so bring a notepad and pen 🙂 Students who complete this workshop will be able to participate in Workshop 105. Workshop 105: Understanding Pests and Diseases ~ will be offered in Spring 2017.
Be sure to bring along your workshop reference guide (binder) from the first workshop. You’ll be building on the knowledge you’ve learned and will be receiving additional beyond organic edible charts and reference guides researched and developed by the Artistic Gardener herself. Each participant will also go home with a surprise gift!
Available at the Workshop
- Biologically and organically grown seedlings for Fall (student pricing)
- Biological starter kits
- Soil Amendments for Biological/Regenerative Edible Gardening
- Planting Plans with Planting List and Quantities
Be prepared to have fun, to learn, become part of a growing biological gardening community, and who knows… you may even win one of the awesome prizes I’ll be giving away, too!
Workshops fill up fast, so reserve your spot today!